Aims and Objectives
To achieve the regeneration and development of the North Harris community by managing the North Harris Estate as an area of outstanding wild and rugged beauty, through local participation and working with other partners where appropriate, all for the benefit of the local community and the wider public.
- To formulate a strategy for community development with full participation of the community
- To manage, conserve and develop the assets of the estate in a sustainable manner
- To keep North Harris wild and beautiful by safeguarding and enhancing the environment and managing this in ways that benefit the local community and the general public
- To generate awareness, understanding and appreciation of the cultural heritage of North Harris including the Gaelic language.
- To facilitate appropriate community development by providing land and other resources for local housing, business and community needs
- To encourage sustainable crofting development and regeneration
- To facilitate the maintenance and development of aquaculture enterprise and employment in a sustainable manner appropriate to the local area
- To facilitate the enjoyment of the natural heritage by enabling open responsible access for all
- To facilitate the creation of native woodlands in appropriate areas
- To work with statutory bodies to improve local infrastructure and services